03 January 2013

Yummy. Pretty. Celebration.

Check that  ^  out! 


On New Year's Day, I made a St. Basil's Cake for family.  His feast day is actually today, but there were more people to celebrate with on New Year's Day ;)
I found the cake and the story and recipe on Lacy's blog.  I read this post last year, bought the Knox gelatin so that I could make the cake, and never did.  I am glad that I managed this year :)  


Below are the pictures that I remembered to take during the process.  It's super easy.  
Make 4 types of jello, chill in separate containers,  cut into cubes/ pieces, then throw it all into a pan, bowl, etc.  I chose a spring form pan. 





 
 pretty!!!
 (this is sweetened condensed milk + 2 cups of hot water and 2 packages of Knox gelatin)


 See how pretty it is after I poured the milk over the colors!  
Refrigerate for about 2 1/2 hours.

 The topping is heavy whipping cream all whipped up with vanilla and powdered sugar to taste. Lacy's recipe called for knox gelatin to make the hwc more firm, but I didn't have the time for that.  It worked fine without it.

 yummm. I didn't make the first cut because the grown ups in the house got to the cake even before the kids, so this is the best picture you get ;)  It had fantastic reviews!  

Totally make this cake for any reason -- if you and your littles need to brighten up a dreary winter day, this could be something fun for you to do with them.  
The littles will love it and so will all of  your grown ups, too!  




Blessings! and Joy!
nIcole mArie




Check out Lacy's blog for the exact recipe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment