18 January 2013

on this journey, you are here. too.

Two nights ago I asked facebook to find me a gym buddy ;)  While I didn't find a gym/running buddy (near enough to me), I found people who wanted to help (or be that gym/running buddy if they lived closer).  My friends offered help via skype or texting or via a wake-up call in the morning.  I know the coolest people and I am so.glad. for my friends.

Simply because of this encouragement (and a text message at 4:30, and my daughter waking me up at 5:40 looking for milk --which we did have, by the by), I found myself up and out of bed yesterday at 5:45.  I was at the gym by 6:10 and got a 5k in. Woot!  I even hit the chapel for quiet time with Jesus after the run. Woot!

This weekend, well tomorrow, I am scheduled for a 7 miler and I am a little nervous about it.  Okay, a lot nervous.  I didn't start my training plan on time, and it had been a while since I ran more than a couple of miles, so my long run last week was hard. It was difficult, just as it should have been for a person who hadn't put in the work for it. sigh. But I'm in this.  I'm going to keep working my training plan for 26.2 miles. I'm going to keep moving forward, even if I do it really really slowly ;)

What I have on my side:
I am running for wonderful, beautiful, and brave women and their families.
I am accountable to my organization, WCN, and to the people who are donating to my charity.
I have the advantage of knowing what it feels like to run Pittsburgh (okay, some of Pittsburgh) because I ran the half  last year. I already know what it feels like to cross the finish line.

Thank you, friends, for offering your encouragement.  Thank you, friends, for being excited for me when I posted to facebook, "5k and jesus before 8am. Woot!" Thank you, friends, for journeying with me. This sort of support is incredibly motivating for me.  It helps me. You help me, you makes a difference :)

Thank you to those of you who have donated, or who are thinking of donating.  Women's Choice Network is a fantastic organization, and the women who need their help need our help. You are instrumental in family preservation, you are instrumental in educating these women so they can care for their littles, you are instrumental in getting real help for real women in a life-affirming and empowering ways.  Please help me rock this fundraising so that WCN can rock their good work :)

I'll let you know how the run goes tomorrow!

Blessings! and Joy!
nicole mArie


No comments:

Post a Comment