08 May 2012

Marathon Day in Pictures

Hello, All!

I did it!  I completed my first 1/2 :)  Woo!  I am still trying to process what happened on Sunday -- what I made happen on Sunday -- so there won't be many words on this post, those will come later in the week.  I just wanted to share with you the photos that I snapped quickly during my run.

My love to you.
Blessings!  and JOy!
nicole mArie

At the Expo :)
The above image was made out of all of the names of participants.  I found my name!

I simply liked these shirts :)  


 swag :)

Max took this of me at some point? 



 My heart rate monitor, my army bracelet to remind me of the soldiers that I know, living and deceased, Lightening McQueen to remind me to be confident. "I am speed.  Faster than fast, quicker than quick!" Oh, and my pace tattoo to help me gauge my performance.
 Walking over the Fort Pitt Bridge to Point State Park

 Walking under the bridge in PSP

 Finding out way to the starting corrals

 Walking toward the start...

 We are still walking toward the start, but we see it now!



 16th Street Bridge

 9th Street Bridge

 West End Bridge

 Blurry Incline Picture for the littles

Two of my favorite signs that I was able to take a picture of. These were in South Side.
 I saw the yinz guy right before the finish line, too, he recognized me and gave me a wave. 



Birmingham Bridge!

  How beautiful is this shot of the city?!  I was pleasantly surprised.  Total Luck. WTG cell phone!

 So google tracks told me that I hit 13 miles right here.  Right where it said 12 miles.  
It said I made it there in 2:24min and some sort of seconds.  hmmm.


My body was so mad at me in this moment... but I was so proud to have done what I did!  Woo!!!

 I got to add my name to the the wall after the race, a la the photo at the top were it was printed on the poster thingy :)


My friend, Dave, ran too.  It was his first 1/2.  He finished about 10 minutes ahead of me.  
Dude, we did it! 

 Standing in front of our charity booth :)  Runners for Women's Choice Network!

 Yes, I changed out of my sweaty clothes in the port-a-potty.  Thank you, lady of FB, who reminded her friend to bring extra clothes!  You are my hero!  Oh, and thank goodness for the giant sized one!

I started in the blue section in the back, and the start was the golden square at the top.  It took us 20 minutes to reach the start!

I met a perogie outside of PNC Park on our way to the car. nbd.





1 comment: