17 January 2013

the (not so) perfect. IRL. moments.

I know that from time to time when I read blogs I imagine that what I read about is their reality. All of the time. 
Perfect houses, perfect crafts, perfect children, perfect everything. HA 

I now know and understand that the information shared by these perfect bloggers is not a complete picture of what their lives IRL looks like. (What I is share is not a complete picture of mine, that's for sure!)

The perfect people with the perfect families, and perfect houses, and perfect craft projects aren't always so. very. perfect. 

I want to share a teeny glimpse into a recent afternoon I lived.  This is one of the moments that mothers often tend to NOT speak of.  You  know, the moments that we live often. The very  reality of what raising little people does look like. This, perhaps, is a moment that I should want to choose to forget but I can't because, well, it is just too darn funny.

(for context: he was upset because he was tired, and because I gave him a turkey sandwich that was of the carved Christmas turkey variety and not the deli turkey variety. ) 




I hope that you laughed, too.  Gosh, how I love this little boy so!

Blessings! and Joy!
nicole marie

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing.That was cute and useful to see. He is so much more verbal (I got the "chicken nuggets") than any of mine,including the 5-y-o, in the midst of a tantrum.
    The main reason I don't post these moments (which happen more often than the "perfect" ones) is that even fewer people would read/watch.
    I always figure the bloggers with perfect lives have way more stress than I could tolerate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,

    I am actually surprised at how many views this post has had. It's had more views than my other more recent stuff ;) I am guessing that people are coming back to the page to laugh at how absurd my little boy is acting.

    hahaha, and they probably do have more stress than I want, or perhaps it's just a different kind of stress, but something that I don't want. Any time that I try to be all sorts of perfect, or even just a little perfect, it's certainly too stressful for me!

    ReplyDelete