19 February 2013

Surprise Package :D

On Friday afternoon, I ran a few errands with my littles and when we arrived home I noticed a box on my front stoop.  I assumed that my husband probably had ordered [insert random computer part here], and that it wouldn't be for me.  Well, it was definitely not a computer part.  The return address was from the Pittsburgh Marathon which totally piqued my curiosity as I was not expecting to receive anything from the organization at all.



These are my goodies! (pretend like you don't see the papers on the floor under the table)

It's called the "Ultimate Race Package" that I somehow won or something?  I am still not sure how it came to me that I was a "winner"... Maybe I got in on a FB or Twitter contest... idk but dude, that asics backpack is totally awesome and legit.  The Steel City Road Runners Club winter hat is great, too. Best part?  VIP status on race day.  That's right!  As a VIP I get private bathrooms (woo!), pre and post race food, VIP seating for race-watching (which, I think, will mean nothing for me as I'll be one of the last people to cross the finish line, but the thought of it is cool) and other stuff that you can read in the letter below.  



I am super excited.  It was a great moment for me on Friday because I wasn't having the most wondrous day, and to come home to such an awesome box of goodness was terrific.  
Hmm... Did I post that I ran 12 miles last week and 8 this week?  Yeah, I did. :)  



hehehehe, for those of you who didn't get my fundraising email, this is what I wrote about my 12 miles:




I ran it slowly, but it was 12.(03) miles just the same. Yes!!! When I reached 10 miles, I shouted and jumped and shouted again (and continued to sing out loud). When I reached 11 miles, I was louder and jumped higher (still singing), and when I hit 12(.03) I smiled, shrieked, and practically collapsed on the spot and began to stretch.  The picture attached is me immediately after I sat down to stretch.  I So earned a beer (and ibuprofen) that night ;)

<----picture mentioned in email.  I can't believe I sent out an email with "pic" in it.  *shudder* whoops.






My 8 miles were uneventful  (by the by, it is SO nice that my training program builds in short.long runs here and there). I got my miles in at the gym while watching Ironman 2 :) in our cinema room. Yeah, it was an awesome morning.

Hmm... that's all that's "new" on the running front.  I've got 60 minutes of running to get in this evening that I am looking forward to doing.  I am this close (you know, just a pinch) away from raising half of my overall goal. That is so darn awesome. The joy I feel about this makes me want to run and run and run more and more!

blessings! and joy!
nicole mArie



1 comment: