06 June 2013

half marathon recap. (finally)

oh yeah. I have a blog.

;)


It's been a while.  May was one helluva month, and that's me putting it mildly. I am going to to post a few times today to catch myself up on the life that I just lived and experienced since the last time I posted.

We'll start with Marathon Day.

Let me say this -- I finished!  I crossed the finish line. I did walk a lot of the race, but I expected to walk since my training went down the tubes in March and April.  *shrugs* whatev, I did it ;)
















This was a poster at the Expo -- I thought it was cool.
Those were my reasons to run :) 


So this is the room that my husband and I stayed in the night before the race, and below you'll see what my view was when I woke up in the morning.  That's Heinz Hall (where we had breakfast) and the Starting Line. 




This  ^^^  is what I planned to wear. This ----->
is what I wore. Well, I actually wore green compression socks instead of the pink sleeves, but it's basically the same get-up.



 The starting line is really really far away from here -- it took me about 25 minutes to even reach the start!
I took a picture of  this woman before the 5k mark and I really was worried that I wouldn't be able to manage 13.1 miles.  I saw my husband a little past this point and he promised to keep up with me on the course (he was riding his bike along the way and I kept finding his smiling and supportive face when I needed to see it) and he said that I could do it, even if I chose to just walk. And I did it, he was right. 

I snapped the jagoff sign somewhere in the South Side and tweeted it out because I thought it was hilarious and quintessentially Pittsburgh. It found it's way from twitter to this blog  JoggingJeans tweeted it here. All of this is quite fun. 


I like shadow pictures ;) 


















Am I there yet? Okay, yet? Now? Perhaps, now?






Back at my charity booth, I got a quick massage and hung out with the girls who work at Women's Choice, then ran back to the hotel with 10 minutes to spare before check out to grab a shower before heading to lunch. 

I am again a Runner (er, well, walker?) of Steel :D


 
Me and the darling husband. Dude, he cycled a whole lot that morning. 
He was a busy guy chasing me around. Also, port a potties for the win  ;)

That's my race day recap. It was an awesome experience and can't wait for 2014. Maybe I'll actually train well and run the full!



Blessings! and Joy!
nicole mArie





No comments:

Post a Comment