07 June 2013

creating art on arms and hands.



So yeah, I'm going to post a picture of my son's arm. and then pictures of my arm.

You ask why? What do you mean why? Doesn't everyone post random pictures of arms? Oh.

Well, my daughter likes to draw all over herself. I always have markers all over the place. She draws on herself a whole lot. I learned that I don't mind if she uses sharpies to draw on herself because unlike washable markers, they stay put and don't get all over the rest of her body...and because darling daughter "gets away with it," the other littles want to "get way with it," too.



Not too long ago, one of my little guys wanted me to draw something for him and so I grabbed this book 
and found two pictures that he wanted. I followed the steps and bam! a fishy and a penguin were on his arm and he thought I was the coolest mom ever and that he was the coolest kid ever. 





I mean, check it out!  Pretty cool :)


That same day, I drew a teddy bear on little girl.  We've done flamingos and alligators and little birds, too. sigh. no pictures of those today, but I drew them. promise. Perhaps I'll have to add new pictures to this post when I draw more for them. 

I have found that markers are definitely less messy than face painting. ;)



So yeah, I've been known to write/paint/draw on my own arms and hands, too ;) 
I tend to write words as reminders of what I need for myself in the moment or for a certain day or time.  Or I'll wear bracelets with the words that I need to keep in mind. 





Oh, this bracelet says, "Be Brave.  Practice courage every single day."




Blessings! and Joy!
nicole mArie





2 comments:

  1. I loooooove that blessed bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, right? kellyraeroberts.com -- she's an amazing artist and you can find links to buy her stuff on her site somewhere :) you'll love her, i think!

      Delete