03 March 2013

29 faces challenge 2013, #12, #13, #14, #15 and brave art

I tried really hard to get my boys to stand still so that I could trace their shadows. My younger boy stood more still (#12) than my older boy (#13). hehehe  They thought it was a cool project and wanted to watch me trace their shadows. After I traced them, the boys went ahead and painted themselves. 


I went back over the portrait on the left with a white grease pencil so that we could see the outline better, he had a lot of fun painting ;)

While the boys painted, I also painted. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy painting with my children? 

I played a bit with layering and textures, and even snuck a couple of faces into my art to add to my 29 in February tally.  I realize that I didn't complete my faces in Feburuary, but I made a commitment, and I am going to get these faces created and blogged about!  




#14 

#15


blessings! and joy!
nicole mArie





1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! And their art looks wonderful too :oD
    I used to do that when my kids were little and those are part of their fun memories, you are doing something wonderful.
    I want to thank you for being part of the 29 faces challenge, and hope to see you in September!

    ReplyDelete