30 March 2012

Strain of Training

I know that I have been MIA recently.  Life has been busy.  I now have a one year old walker who just cut another tooth.  She's growing up very quickly ;)  I'll post some pictures soon about her birthday party, and just tease you a bit with this one :)




Training-wise, I feel like I am struggling a little bit.  I strained my knee a little over a week ago while exercising and that has not been good for running.  I missed my 8 mile run last weekend because of my knee and that was very disappointing.  I'm also a bit wary of the idea of 8 miles.  Why?  I'm not sure, but for some reason it seems like it is such a long distance.  Mind over matter.  Just do it, right? Right.

So I was going to race in North Park tomorrow, and run the 8.1 mile race, but I never actually signed up! What the what?  Mommy brain at it's finest, I guess.  I had exchanged emails with someone on the planning committee about switching races (at one point, I wanted to be able to race the 1/2 this weekend), but I never registered.  Guess what?  All races are full.  And I'm not registered.  blah.  dumb mistake.

Ok. New plan.  Steel City Road Runners are running tomorrow morning in the city and along the river trail.  They have a 7 or 9 mile loop that I can do with them.  hmm... 9 miles?  I'll let you know what I decide :)


Blessings! and Joy!
nicole mArie

No comments:

Post a Comment