09 March 2012

Running Music

Yesterday I asked Facebook friends about music selections for workouts / runs.  I'm in need of some new tunes to help keep my motivated while training, and I was hoping for some inspiration from my friends.  My friends delivered.

My friend, Kellie, suggested jog.fm.  This site is really cool.  You punch in the pace you'd like to run/cycle/walk, and up pops the best songs for that pace :D  There are also some great play lists to pick from.   There's a great mixture of music too, from all spectrums of music.  just. great. music.

hahahahaha There's eve an "80s and 90s Sweat" playlist.  How can anyone be sad when BSB, Ace of Bace, La Bouche, Journey, EMF, and Run-DMC are all part of the same mix?  Like I said, great music.

A few friends mentioned that they like to pray while running, or listen to podcasts and be more calm about their run.  I totally get it!  Some of my best prayer over the last year has been during my runs, even when listening to music.

When I run outside, I am more likely to turn off/down the music and just feel the run, to pay close attention to my foot strike and breath, and to focus on nature around me.  When I'm in the gym, it's all  I can do to not fall off the back of the treadmill when I have to run more than 30 minutes.

Oh, and then there was Rob who was introducing me to Skrillex for the gym. Odd for me, but I'm not opposed to it.  And Patrick suggested Brittany, Whitney, and Cher.  Really?  Even as a joke, really?  (Oh my gosh, does anyone remember Celebrity Death Match on MTV from many moons ago?  hahaha I can only imagine that match up.  Skrillex v Brit, Whit, & Cher) Anyway.

I am off to fold laundry which is now "lava" on my living room floor.  (little boys idea, not mine)

What do you like to listen to when you run/workout?

Blessings! and Joy!
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. I am totally going to use that running music station. THANKS! My prayers while running usually go something like: "Please don't kill me now. Please don't let me die. Please make the hill shorter. Please pick me up and put me at my front door but still make the pedometer say three miles!"

    I like the "I'm Sexy and I Know It" station on Pandora. I also like to steal music from zumba because it's so upbeat, but makes me want to stop running and dance! : )

    ReplyDelete