04 April 2013

*waves* Hi! Running Update! Hello :D

So, Hi! 

It seems to be that the last time I wrote to you all about running was the middle of February right after I ran 12 miles. Holy cow. So much has happened. 

Let's see:

I managed to do 14 miles two weeks after the 12 which is the farthest that I've ever gone.  I was exuberant when the run was over and so very excited to have accomplished it! Woo!

I  did something to my hip though during, I think, the 12 miler, that has caused some problems and pain during (and after) all of my runs since... so much so, that a few weeks ago I set out to run 11 and only managed 9.78 (only with a good amount of walking), and decided to rest up a bit after that. bummer.

What else? My grandfather was in the hospital all month (and still is there and could use thoughts and prayers), sickness descended upon our house -- on everyone for what felt like f o r e v e r  but was only a week-ish), my husband was away for four days, little girl turned two (!!!) and then I made a difficult decision to not run the full marathon. sigh. 

I've found myself really far behind in the training schedule (It really was a crazy March!). To try and catch up now would be foolish, as it would probably lead me to an injury. I'm not as strong as I was last year at this time, and I don't want to permanently hurt myself.  I need to get stronger, I need to change my approach, and I need to start training earlier for 26.2 miles than I did this year. I am disappointed and sad, but I know this decision is for my health and sanity. Oh, I will run the Pittsburgh full one day, it's just not going to be this year. I am all in next year :) 

Enough about me.  Let's talk about my charity, Women's Choice Network, which is really the point of all  of this! 

I've raised, with your most generous help, $1,386!  Yay, you!!!  *dance party for you* (seriously, I just chair danced for you)

This leaves me to raise $1,234 in only 31 days!  If you've thought about donating, but haven't done so yet, please do

If you were able to donate last year, I thank you for your kindness and generosity, and I ask that you consider donating again this year, to help me reach my goal of $2,620!  

- - -
Fun fact: It takes $275 to fund the centers a day. With $2,620, we can fund the centers for 9.5 days! Cool beans, huh? (We're at 5 days now with $1,386!)
- - -

SoOo, to close: As much as my journey has been about me tackling the difficulties of training for a full marathon, it has ALWAYS been -- even more so -- about my charity, Women's Choice Network.  Don't think for a moment, that a shorter race means that I am less dedicated to reaching my goal, or doing what I set out to do.  I am, in fact, more determined than ever. WCN is a great organization that empowers women and supports women through difficulty, gives them hope, and treats them with love, respect, and compassion.  You and me? Let's be instruments of this beautiful work. Please donate today! Right now. This moment! Do it! You know you wanna! :) :D

Blessings! And so much Joy!
nicole mArie



No comments:

Post a Comment