21 February 2012

A Sunny 5 Miler





















Highland Park Reservoir
Picture taken by my brother, Michael





I ran 5 miles on Sunday. Outside. In the sun. Without a jacket. In Highland Park. Woot!

(All of those phrases were definitely important enough to have a period to separate them from each other. Really.)

It was the first time running outside since December 31st. It was also the first time that I ran in almost 2 whole weeks. The first 3 miles were 11 minute miles and the last two were 12ers. Good stuff for my not running in a while! I also realized toward the end of my run that while I was a little tired and ready to finish, I know that I had another mile or so in me. It was very encouraging.

The soreness that I experienced yesterday was more than I wanted, but I'll take the bad with the good.

Oh! I've reached my fundraising goal of $1310! YaY! I've had 11 wonderful and incredibly generous human beings sponsor me, and many promises of my sponsorship. Since I have 74 days until the race, I've decided to make a new goal of $2000. With your help, I know that I can do it! If you haven't already sponsored me, please consider it. Consider helping out the babies and the mamas who Women's Choice Network is helping!

Thank you for reading. Thank you for your prayers.

Blessings! and Joy!
Nicole mArie

http://www.ministrysync.com/event/website/?m=823520#0

No comments:

Post a Comment